Coinstar Field Technician - Atlanta, GA in Atlanta, Georgia
At Coinstar, we love our customers, and we’re passionate about providing a convenient, reliable, and accurate way for them to turn their loose change into cash, NO FEE eGift Cards, or charitable donations—instantly. We strive to provide a consistent, positive, and exceptional customer experience.
Over the past 25 years, Coinstar has turned that passion into the 20,000 familiar kiosks you see in grocery stores and other locations across the U.S., Canada, Germany, the UK, and Ireland. We process about $3 billion worth of coins a year! As Coinstar continues to grow, offering exciting new services and expanding to new locations worldwide, our need to find extraordinary employees who share our vision grows as well.
If you love working with customers, enjoy flexibility and independence, are results-driven, and prefer working with your hands over being confined to a desk, then our Field Technician role is the right role for you. As the face of Coinstar, you’ll have the opportunity to take on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects in a supportive, collaborative work environment.
You will use a company vehicle to perform first and second line maintenance on Coinstar kiosks within an assigned territory. You will plan and schedule your days, making adjustments to rapidly changing priorities. You’ll work in an environment where route, daily tasks and weather conditions can (and will) change on a regular basis.
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance including cleaning (inside & out), wiping down the kiosks, removing debris, changing paper, etc.
• Electromechanical trouble-shooting, calibration, repair and maintenance.
• Test all components of the kiosk including connectivity, software and electromechanical functionality to ensure all components of the kiosk are properly functioning.
• Perform repairs including replacing worn parts using small tools and diagnostic utility.
• Perform remote diagnostics and assist Service Representative and Transportation Service Representative with repairs remotely. Assess and schedule advanced technical problems into your own planning.
• Manage and prioritize field change orders to ensure completion deadlines are achieved. FCO’s may include updating signage and displays, installation of wireless kits, software updates, etc.
• Effectively prioritize, route and plan day based on stats, service calls, field change orders, geography and other tasks assigned by your manager.
• On a daily basis monitor market metrics and construct/adjust weekly plan to ensure balanced delivery of metrics and expectations/commitments are met.
• Receive and prioritize kiosk pages to effectively manage work into timely and efficient route plan.
• Consistently plan/schedule and prioritize installation/de-installation activities into weekly planning to ensure deadlines are met.
• Receive, prioritize and schedule CSC service calls into daily planning and log completion.
• Receive, prioritize and schedule Loss Prevention dispatches/investigations and report findings.
• Manage parts orders and inventory.
• Managed controlled parts by keeping asset logger up-to-date and ensure timely installation.
• Properly manage and secure all assigned kiosks and company assets such as car, voucher paper, phone, laptop, parts, tools, phone, etc.
• Promote and maintain good customer relations through high standards of personal appearance, ethical behavior, maturity and good judgment.
• Demonstrate good judgment in time management, route planning, efficiency and expense control.
• Timely completion of administrative duties such as logging service calls, completion of expense reports and time sheets.
• Interface effectively with various teammates throughout the company to resolve customer problems and situations.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent with 2+ years of experience in troubleshooting and repair of computer, electronic and electromechanical devices OR Associate Degree in electronics or similar concentration required
• Basic background knowledge in computer hardware and software as well as basic knowledge of computer-controlled equipment
• Previous experience in handling a position of responsibility with limited direct supervision or demonstrated ability to work independently in a position of responsibility.
• 1+ year of field experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and intermediate knowledge of current PC operating systems required
• Excellent interpersonal skills focused on customer and team success
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with various levels inside and outside of our organization
• Accountable for providing support to customers that meet standards of superior quality service and professionalism at all times
• Ability to comfortably shift gears in the face of daily changing tasks, priorities and conditions
• Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record
• Background checks, MVR and drug tests will be required
• As required, employees must work a flexible schedule including early start times, holidays, weekends, etc.
Field Technician work involves operating a motor vehicle to service kiosks within a specific region or route. Regularly and safely perform all functions of operating a motor vehicle, including prolonged sitting. Regularly positioning oneself (e.g., stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, push, pull) to handle or move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. Regularly operate a laptop and mobile phone. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person or electronically.
Coinstar, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/color, religion, age, genetic information, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a job, please contact Coinstar Human Resources at 425-943-8000.