Coinstar Senior Ruby on Rails Development Engineer in Bellevue, Washington
At Coinstar, we love our customers, and we’re passionate about providing a convenient, reliable, and accurate way for them to turn their loose change into cash, NO FEE eGift Cards, or charitable donations—instantly. We strive to provide a consistent, positive, and exceptional customer experience. Over the past 25 years, Coinstar has turned that passion into the 20,000 familiar kiosks you see in grocery stores and other locations across the U.S., Canada, Germany, the UK, and Ireland. We process about $3 billion worth of coins a year! As Coinstar continues to grow, offering exciting new services and expanding to new locations worldwide, our need to find extraordinary employees who share our vision grows as well.
The Software Engineering team is responsible for building the core product platform API's and tooling. This includes design, build and testing of new applications supporting technical operations, implementing new features for the kiosk fleet, and elimination of technical-debt on our platform. Our engineers work closely with other teams across service/operations, third party integration, data operations and product to identify and implement innovative solutions for our partners and their users.
• Participate in the full software development life-cycle
• Collaborate iteratively with subject matter experts to define requirements
• Architect and build API based applications that are highly scalable and secure
• Focus on unit and automated testing, so teams can iterate quickly while maintaining a high quality bar
• Help establish engineering best practices and guidelines
• Become a trusted provider of subject matter expertise on our core products
• At least 5+ years of full-stack web application engineering experience
• At least 5+ years demonstrated experience with Ruby on Rails delivery
• Demonstrated familiarity with high quality engineering and delivery practices
• BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
• Prior experience working in financial services/fintech
• Experience with Cloud-Based application engineering and delivery
• Experience with trading or high-throughput transaction processing systems
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Coinstar, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/color, religion, age, genetic information, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a job, please contact Coinstar Human Resources at 425-943-8000.