Coinstar Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) in Bellevue, Washington
The Software Development Engineer in Test is responsible for leading program initiatives in Continuous Integration (Test Automation, Deployment Automation, Test Environment Configuration Automation,) according to software engineering design best practices for maintainable extensible code. This position uses approaches that allow incremental continuous improvement within the constraints of an existing technology stack while taking advantage of opportunities to make the technology stack more effective.
• Build testing solutions in-line with feature development.
• Provide domain expertise to drive implementation and sustainment of an automation program that encompasses unit, integration, and end-to-end testing as appropriate.
• Test function and integration of software systems using manual and automated paradigms.
• Manage test environments leveraging best practices in automation.
• Maintain access to traceability artifacts for regulatory compliance.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent field.
• 5+ years hands-on experience building test automation programs.
• 3+ years proficiency using C#.
• 3+ years of object-oriented design.
• 2+ years of SQL database application testing experience.
• Experience with SQL application testing, T-SQL, IIS, SOAP, WCF.
• Experience implementing automation strategies on legacy C++ applications a plus.
• Powershell experience, or similar, a plus.
• Hands-on experience with at least one continuous integration tool stack (e.g. - TFS Test Controller, JIRA, TeamCity, Octopus Deploy, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Extensive knowledge in the areas of database schema analysis, SQL query development, and the application of that knowledge to complex programs.
• Experience applying agile practices in a hybrid agile-waterfall corporate culture.
• Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a development team.
• Ability to elicit requirements from members of the organization as well as reverse engineer requirements from code.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes the ability to identify and communicate metrics that provide genuine insight into process, quality, and execution progress.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• This position requires little to no business travel.
Sedentary work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.