Coinstar Field Technician, Montreal in Montreal, Canada
At Coinstar, we love our customers, and we’re passionate about providing a convenient, reliable, and accurate way for them to turn their loose change into cash, NO FEE eGift Cards, or charitable donations—instantly. We strive to provide a consistent, positive, and exceptional customer experience.
Over the past 25 years, Coinstar has turned that passion into the 20,000 familiar green kiosks you see in grocery stores and other locations across the U.S., Canada, the UK, and Ireland. We process about $3 billion worth of coins a year! As Coinstar continues to grow, offering exciting new services and expanding to new locations worldwide, our need to find extraordinary employees who share our vision grows as well.
If you love working with customers, enjoy flexibility and independence, are results-driven, and prefer working with your hands over being confined to a desk, then our Field Technician role is the right role for you. As the face of Coinstar, you’ll have the opportunity to take on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects in a supportive, collaborative work environment.
You will use a company vehicle to install, service and maintain Coinstar kiosks within an assigned territory. With input from your manager, you will plan and schedule your days, making adjustments as new priorities and tasks arise. You’ll work in an environment where route, daily tasks and weather conditions can (and will) change on a regular basis.
• General preventative maintenance and daily cleaning of machines including first and second line maintenance on kiosks in an assigned territory
• Software installs and updates
• Electromechanical trouble-shooting, calibration, repair and maintenance
• Manage parts orders and inventory
• Properly manage and secure all assigned kiosks and company issued property such as car, voucher paper, phone, laptop, parts, tools, phone, etc.
• Effectively route and plan day based on stats, service calls, field change orders and geography and other priorities as assigned by your manager
• Promote and maintain good customer relations through high standards of personal appearance, ethical behavior, maturity and good judgment
• Display maturity and judgment in time management and expense control
• Timely completion of administrative duties such as; logging service calls, completion of expense reports and time sheets
• Work closely with Sales and Customer Service teams to relay store and customer concerns/feedback, as well as assist with local scheduled promotions
• Interface effectively with other employees in the market as well as manager and other departments to resolve customer problems and situations
• Report quality problems and other technical problems through proper escalation channels
Education & Experience
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent with 2+ years of experience in troubleshooting and repair of computer, electronic and electromechanical devices OR Associate Degree in electronics or similar concentration required
• Basic background knowledge in computer hardware and software as well as basic knowledge of computer-controlled equipment
• Previous experience in handling a position of responsibility with limited direct supervision or demonstrated ability to work independently in a position of responsibility.
• 1+ year of field experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and intermediate knowledge of current PC operating systems required
• Excellent interpersonal skills focused on customer and team success
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with various levels inside and outside of our organization
• Accountable for providing support to customers that meet standards of superior quality service and professionalism at all times
• Must have a valid driver’s licence and maintain an acceptable driving record
• Background checks will be required
• As required, employees must work a flexible schedule including early start times, holidays, weekends, etc.
Field Tech work involves operating a motor vehicle to service kiosks within a specific region or route. Regularly and safely perform all functions of operating a motor vehicle, including prolonged sitting. Regularly positioning oneself (e.g., stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, push, pull) to handle or move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. Regularly operate a laptop and mobile phone. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person or electronically.