Coinstar Service Representative - Charlotte, NC in North Carolina
At Coinstar, we love our customers, and we’re passionate about providing a convenient, reliable, and accurate way for them to turn their loose change into cash, NO FEE eGift Cards, or charitable donations—instantly. We strive to provide a consistent, positive, and exceptional customer experience.
Over the past 25 years, Coinstar has turned that passion into the 20,000 familiar kiosks you see in grocery stores and other locations across the U.S., Canada, Germany, the UK, and Ireland. We process about $3 billion worth of coins a year! As Coinstar continues to grow, offering exciting new services and expanding to new locations worldwide, our need to find extraordinary employees who share our vision grows as well.
If you love working with customers, enjoy flexibility and independence, are results-driven, and prefer working with your hands over being confined to a desk, then our Service Representative role is the right role for you. As the face of Coinstar, you’ll have the opportunity to take on a variety of challenging and rewarding projects in a supportive, collaborative work environment.
In the Service Representative role, you have the opportunity to use your great maintenance skills and ability to use hand tools to provide basic maintenance on Coinstar kiosks. In this role, you will drive a company provided vehicle on an assigned route performing general preventive maintenance, cleaning and minor repairs on Coinstar kiosks. This position requires the ability to use basic hand tools, replace parts and basic computer skills.
• Visit Coinstar kiosks on an assigned route to perform preventive maintenance and some first-line maintenance at customer locations.
• Perform scheduled preventive maintenance including cleanings (inside & out), wiping down the kiosks, removing debris, changing paper, etc.
• Routine software installs and updates, basic trouble-shooting, calibration, repair and maintenance.
• Manage parts orders and inventory.
• Assist in field change orders such as updating signage and displays and installation of wireless kits.
• Test basic components of the kiosks to ensure all parts are functioning properly, perform repairs, and replace worn parts using small tools.
• Report advanced technical problems to Field Technician, Regional Field Support Technician or District Manager. Assist with over the phone troubleshooting and repairs as necessary.
• Properly organize and maintain Coinstar spare parts inventory, tools; company computer, phone, and company vehicle.
• Regularly interact and communicate with store partners, coworkers, external customers, and employees.
• Timely completion of administrative duties such as completion of time sheets.
• Promote and maintain high standards of personal appearance, ethical behavior, maturity.
• Demonstrate good judgment in time management.
Education & Experience;
• High School Degree or GED required
• Minimum of 1 year of experience in a customer facing position, such as retail, merchandising or route required
• Experience in basic maintenance, electro-mechanics, ATM or vending maintenance a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities;
• Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interact with a variety of customers
• Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and problem solving skills
• Effectively communicate and collaborate with others
• Ability to work independently with a high degree of self-motivation
• Ability to use Internet and Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel on a daily basis with little to no training
• Ability to use small hand tools such as a screwdriver, pliers, and Allen wrench
• Must have a valid driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record
• Background checks, MVR and drug tests will be required
• As required, employees must work a flexible schedule including early start times, holidays, weekends, etc.
Service Representative work involves operating a motor vehicle to service kiosks within a specific region or route. Regularly and safely perform all functions of operating a motor vehicle, including prolonged sitting. Regularly positioning oneself (e.g., stand, walk, stoop, bend, twist, kneel, crouch, push, pull) to handle or move objects weighing up to 30 lbs. Regularly operate a laptop and mobile phone. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person or electronically.
Coinstar, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/color, religion, age, genetic information, disability, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
If you require an accommodation in order to apply for a job, please contact Coinstar Human Resources at 425-943-8000.