Coinstar Business Development Manager in United States
The Principal Consultant, Business Development is responsible for developing Coinstar’s clients and achieving optimal level of sales and profitability. This position sets and executes specific direction and strategies to deliver targeted results for a short and mid-term horizon as it relates to company goals.
• Serve as a key selling interface for new prospects and assigned clients, cultivating business relationships within their headquarters, division and local decision makers.
• Deliver on annual operating plan commitments and business growth targets.
• Develop customer business plan to fully leverage and execute all programs, including core coin counting, new product deployment and any future products and services offered by Coinstar.
• Ensure customer business plans align with brand guidelines and implement all distribution and merchandising objectives.
• Utilize complete and timely information to drive sales efforts including marketing plans, consumer insights and product knowledge.
• Work with Operations to ensure execution excellence at retail by preparing the field team with any specific needs required by new partners as part of our operating agreement.
• Regularly review progress against growth plans and adjust where needed to achieve annual goals.
• Deliver objectives within the P&L budget by maximizing growth potential and optimizing kiosk performance.
• Work with Sales Operations, Legal, Finance and other key stakeholders during contract negotiations.
• Help establish performance objectives and communicate progress to Sales leadership.
• Cultivate relationships across Coinstar and be able to mobilize network to meet client needs.
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required, or equivalent work experience.
• 3+ years’ direct relationship sales growth experience in the financial services or related industry required.
• Understanding of sales systems and consultative selling techniques.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with ability to look beyond the presenting issue to solve the real problem.
• Ability to scope work and plan sales pipeline to achieve results.
• Strong business acumen with knowledge of customer/consumer insights, channel and category management.
• Financial acumen skills to include understanding of ROI, P&L, Revenue, and Gross Margin principles.
• Solid Microsoft office application skills.
• This position requires the ability to travel a minimum 50% of the time, including overnight.
Sedentary work involves remaining in a stationary position most of the time in front of a computer, using a keyboard, mouse and telephone. Regularly operate a computer and other office equipment. Occasionally move about the work site to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc. Exert up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or regularly move objects. Communicate and exchange information with co-workers and other individuals in person and electronically.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.